Delay On Welsh Food Festival Listing From The Welsh Government

23 Mar

I’ve been contacted by a few of you over the last couple of days asking why the food festivals list has not been sent out to all our Best Of Welsh & Borders producers and not posted on welshfoodbites. Well sorry guys, but I can’t do that if I haven’t got it, and I
haven’t got it because Wag haven’t sent it to me yet.

I contacted Wag yesterday and have been told it’s been unavoidably delayed.

The festival organisers will be told when it is finalized and then a press release will be issued.

As yet I haven’t got a time scale from Wag as to when this will now happen.

So please, I’m not ignoring you all, but this is certainly not in my control.

Wag’s last press release on this topic was dated 30th January, they then had to consult with the Food and Farming Panel and we were told the list will be issued week commencing March 19th.

Wag’s press release was posted in full on welshfoodbites on 1st February.

In case it helps, welshcountry.co.uk does show a draft list of event dates and contacts and includes those festivals that may be funded, plus many more that run under their own steam.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Producer

March 24, 2012 at 11:56 pm

If we all ran our businesses like WAG run theirs, there would be no one at the festivals – we have to stick to time scales and budgets! It takes a minimum of 17 working days to get an email reply from a Minister – and they do not work every day like we do, so that is nearly a month! Just imagine getting an order, replying a month later and then saying “it is unavoidably delayed”. Come and live in the real world WAG!

2. meat man

March 26, 2012 at 9:56 am

I agree with producer comment – but if wag did live and work in the real world, then we wouldn’t have these problems year after year, after year, would we?
    In the real world, wag would listen to us as we are their customers. Yes wag we are your customers
    In the real world wag would also work with the best food magazine I have seen in a long time, you guys are doing the best job
    but sadly wag is not in the real world…………………

3. typical

March 26, 2012 at 11:38 am

Typical – this is just so wag
    Quite agree with other comments, we couldn’t risk running our small businesses as wag work
    It shows the comfort of having your salary paid into the bank each month and does give wag staff a different attitude to us their customers. I hadn’t thought before as us as wag customers, but guess we are. Maybe we should query wag’s customer service levels!!!!!

4. beer boy

March 27, 2012 at 9:02 am

Come on guys – wag haven’t run a business they just shuffle their budgets and they sure have a lot of them to shuffle.
    Maybe delay is down to wag’s new farming panel or whatever it’s called, but let’s not be impatient, we are only approaching April!
    I feel so sorry for the organisers who are also still in limbo, how can they plan their event? Why they all put up with wag is simple isn’t it, just for their money…….otherwise you just wouldn’t waste your time filling in their endless paperwork and business plans.

5. Tray

March 28, 2012 at 10:56 am

Perfectly obvious that there is no rush in wag’s world so we’ll just keep waiting and waiting
    Sure wag staff are all really busy!!!!!!!!!

6. Trace

March 29, 2012 at 9:26 am

I’ve yet to talk to a trader who IS surprised to hear the festivals listing has been delayed by wag. It doesn’t matter one jot to them if this list goes out next week or next month, it will not affect their livelihood
    Thanks for letting us know that all this was going on,
    without you lot we’d know only what wag wants us to know, which is next to nothing!!!
    What a shambles